Physiotherapy at Home
Physio at Home
Massage Therapy Services
Massage therapy is hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, specifically, the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints for the purpose of optimizing health. It has a therapeutic effect on the body and optimizes health and well-being by acting on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. Physical function can be developed, maintained and improved; and physical dysfunction and pain and the effects of stress can be relieved or prevented through the use of Massage Therapy.
Massage Therapy is recognized as one of the best and most effective methods of healing as it positively influences the patients sense of overall health and well-being. Modern massage techniques can be traced back to the 1700s and the development of Swedish massage, the first systematic method of therapeutic massage based on physiology. Today’s Massage Therapists use their knowledge of anatomy and physiology to combine traditional Swedish and modern Massage Therapy techniques with exercise and other therapies to treat their clients.
• Helps with musculoskeletal pain
• Decreases chronic pain
• Loosens your tight muscles
• Increase joint flexibility and range of motion
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue
• Helps to reduce tension headaches
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues, improving circulation
• Help to decrease swelling after injury or surgery
• Improves sleep and aids in mental relaxation
• Boosts immunity
• Stimulate lymphatic flow